On Oct 31, I had been blogging for 1 year on Scratch Paper Essays. People always say the older you get the faster time passes. Isn’t that the truth? So I decided to look back over the year the goods and bad.
The good, it was fun to see the record of events and thoughts I have that maybe my kids will have to read someday. It is nice read and re-focus! To see the progress I have made. The bad was I have a record of events and thoughts that sometimes when I re-read I realize I lack focus and in many areas and I haven’t come very far in a year. I plan to go back through and evaluate where I am at, what needs more time, what worked, what didn’t, my end of year job evaluation.
I debated if my blog was worth the time and I think it is. I have so much left to do in organizing my Home and House and my blog helps keep on track. If I can make little improvement each year, each month and each day to my chaos while doing it I can’t go wrong.
Thank you to all who have been reading and following. I leave blogger open for the day when I post to see how many page views there are and when I receive an email there is a comment it is very exciting. It feels good to know people actually read what you have to say, what can I say I am human. It is motivation to me. Please never hesitate to share good and bad comments or email me if you would rather not share with all, firstname.lastname@example.org
Here is a list of my Top Ten Posts from Oct 31, 2012 – Oct 31, 2013
FOCUS Goals for week of Nov 3, 2013
New Goals, comments, and excuses are in purple below.
Goals for a Better Home
1. Personal Focus to better my relationship with God.
· Start and end each day with prayer & read two chapters in the Bible. I am going to try to read the passages laid out in our video series. So far he has talked about books that I have read, but this week he will jump ahead of me and I am not sure I will understand as well if I haven’t read them before.
· Attend Catholic Video Series 2 Salvation History. This video series is so exciting I am learning and understanding so much. I want to share it all! There is so much information, if you are interest here is the link you can read the written version.Salvation History
2. Remove distractions at key times.
· No computer 6:30-8:00am and 3:00-5:00pm. (I have really been trying to lesson my computer time, and as it has in the past it helps)
· Continue to value and eliminate extras in my life that take away from my family.
3. Add something to give more of me to my family.
· Share pieces of what I learn about faith in my study with my family. (This is fun; the kids seem to really enjoy talking about it and get as excited as I do. My Dad bought us “The Bible” miniseries. I am hoping to start watching it one night per week it seemed like good timing since their interest is so high.
· Do something this week with each person that is an activity of their choice. (I like this. The things are small and sometimes just involve conversation.
Goals for a Better House
1. Daily Check Points: GET IT DONE!!! This week I am getting back there finally!
2. Weekly: Continue working on my tomorrow list. I made a new list this week, with just one set of rollover items, so doing better!
3. Monthly: Project List. My list is partially done. I need to sit down with my husband and finalize our plans. This is our “off season” or non soccer season and each year we talk about how much we will get done during our slow time and it slips through our fingers each year. I am hoping this is not the cause this year.