Many of you probably start preparing for Halloween when the decorations arrive in the store. You would probably guess with my talents of procrastination that is not the case at my house. You are right! So I find myself in the same spot I was last year and the year before, and likely the year before that, yes I never learn. With only a couple days before Halloween I have 2 weeks’ worth of fun we want to accomplish.
Spooky Décor? We did get the decorations out last week when the kids had time off of school. I had to let go of the desire to have everything really clean first. No one sees the window smudges anyway underneath the Halloween clings.
Costumes? We decide who is going to be what when the need arrives, two of my kids haven’t had to dress up yet so we have no plans right now, don’t worry we have 2 more nights to decide. There is enough costumes in our Halloween tub to get us through with a little creativity.
Pumpkin Seeds anyone? We are getting pumpkins today to carve hopefully tonight or tomorrow. Last year we ended up skipping the pumpkin carving. I do not want to do this again. You'll notice the little one sleeping this year, likely it we were carving past bedtime to squeeze it in. I have such fond memories of carving pumpkins growing up. I should say of my Dad carving pumpkins. He truly had a talent for making all our sharpie pumpkin faces come to life! Now that I do the carving I realize he likely made some minor adjustments to help them look as amazing as they did! Then of course the night always ended with Mom’s homemade pumpkin seeds. I will hold off on my desire to make pumpkin pie from an actual pumpkin, maybe next year.
How fast can we do the maze? The pumpkin patch is another event we have missed many years. Though I will have to buy pumpkins today if we want the chance to carve them, I still hope to get out there to play and go through the maze. Hopefully we can improve our maze time it gets dark pretty early. I probably need to be sure I have flashlight batteries just in case. When the older 3 were little we went every year and took their picture by the same cut out to see how they grew. I may be missing a few years, but I am hoping to have that picture for this year.
Easy snacks or maybe not? We made school party snack decisions this morning, but haven’t figured out the Halloween evening snacks yet. I tried to do easy party snacks, but how can I turn down the request for jello eyeballs. They are so fun, even though most kids won’t eat them, that is part of the fun!
Why drag it out anyway? Pumpkins rot, snacks have to be made the day before, and my kids change their mind on costumes right up to the last minute. So cross your fingers I can make it all happen this year I have it all scheduled out. I think I can do it. Now keeping up on the laundry and dishes on the other hand might be a little questionable.
FOCUS Goals for week of Oct 28, 2013
New Goals, comments, and excuses are in purple below.
Goals for a Better Home
1. Personal Focus to better my relationship with God.
· Start and end each day with prayer. Read two chapters in the Bible. (I am starting back in Genesis and re-reading as this is where the video series is discussing and I would like to read it again with new knowledge.)
· Attend Catholic Video Series 2 Salvation History.
2. Remove distractions at key times.
· No computer 6:30-8:00am and 3:00-5:00pm
· Continue to value and eliminate extras in my life that take away from my family.
3. Add something to give more of me to my family.
· Share pieces of what I learn about faith in my study with my family.
· Do something this week with each person that is an activity of their choice.
Goals for a Better House
1. Daily Check Points: GET IT DONE!!!
2. Weekly: Continue working on my tomorrow list. Halloween Events!
3. Monthly: Project List.
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting on Scratch Paper Essays.