Sports: It is soccer season and we are busy as usual but it seems a little less chaotic, at least on the weekends this year, so that is good.
Other Activities: This coming weekend is our Church Bazaar, our yearly fundraiser. It will be a busy week getting my part ready. I feel a little behind as usual but it always seems to come together.
School: We are settling into a routine and I am still working hard on bringing calmness to our crazy schedule. I think there is some improvement but there is still work to be done.
Bible Study: I am learning a lot. We started in book 1John for Sept, Oct we are reading Galatians. I am hoping to start sharing some of what I am learning as both books really apply to daily living. I am also trying to get back to reading in the Old Testament. There are many references in the bible study to Old Testament readings so I think it is beneficial.
Animals: All are doing well. We still have 16 or the 17 hatched chicks. We traded one for a mean rooster. Some are beginning to lay eggs finally. We have 3 kittens left a few have been given away & our big old black lab is still guarding the fort.
Exercise: Still continues to be a struggle in my daily routine.
Hope you all have a good week. I better get to work; I have a long to do list for the week.
Focus Goals for Oct 5, 2013
New Goals, comments, and excuses are in purple below.
Goals for a Better Home
1. Personal Focus to better my relationship with God.
· Start and end each day with prayer. Read two chapters in the Bible.
· Run or Something & Eat Better!
· Daily Reading for email bible study & read ahead for Catholic Video Series at Church.
2. Remove distractions at key times.
· No computer 6:00-8:00am and 2:30-5:00pm
· NO computer or TV for myself one Morning and one Afternoon.
3. Add something to give more of me to my family.
· Bedtime story
· Say yes at least once a day when asked to play. Invite someone to join my activity(even if just doing for cooking or cleaning) at least once a day
· Make eye contact and ask how the day was as each kid and my husband come home for the day.
Goals for a Better House
1. Daily Check Points: Still working
2. Weekly: Monday Planning & Catch up
Tues AM: Housework, PM Get out Fall Clothes & Bazaar, Evening Kids Activities
Weds: AM: Errands (1 day early), PM Housework & Bazaar, Evening Kids Act.
Thurs: AM: Bazaar Errands, PM Field Trip, Evening: Kids Act. & Bazaar
Fri: AM & PM, Bazaar Set up, Evening: Kids Act.
3. Monthly: Make a list of small projects and big projects around the house to help me come up with a plan.
Post a Comment
Thanks for commenting on Scratch Paper Essays.