|Player of 10years|
|Player of 8 years|
|Player of 6 years|
|Player of 3 years|
|Lifetime Spectator and Future Soccer Player|
As we head into one of the busiest months of the year it’s hard to believe the school year is almost over. My brain is already working on how we are going to spend the summer. Summer is a good opportunity to help the kids form some good habits too. I always have high hopes for what we will accomplish each summer but it seems to go just as fast as the school year between baseball, camps and other activities that come up.
Extras: Still working on the final science fair project. This is the last week of soccer season, thus all the cute feet pictures above. This will be the last season that the four oldest will play at the complex together #1 moves to the high school next fall. With soccer wrapping up you would think the schedule would slow down. Looking at the month of May that is not the case, there rare nights that we do not have something going on.
Chickens: All 17 still alive and pooping! They are growing fast and starting to smell. I would really like to get them out of my kitchen but it is going to get cold over the next 4 days so I am not sure if the garage will be warm enough. They are also getting crowded. We have never had so many chicks in our cage. I am brainstorming other options for a cage and heat source. I don’t know if I can keep them in until it warms up.
Weather: SNOW is in the forecast again! We have one last soccer practice this season, tomorrow and they are saying it will snow! We also have our big end of season tournament this weekend and a 7:00am game to start off and the temperatures will be in the 30’s. The weatherman said it hasn’t snowed in May since 1907. Well good thing I haven’t had time to pack away winter coats. In fact I think my bag of gloves and hats is still in the car since we only had one warm weekend for soccer since the last snow.
Meals: Stroganoff, BBQ chicken sandwiches, and chicken with salad. Three decent meals, out to eat again once, but even the not real meals were better eggs and sandwiches instead of cereal.
House: Well I caught up on laundry by last Friday, but by the end of Monday I was behind again! The house is still in great need of a spring cleaning, but since there is still snow in the forecast I will put it off a bit longer.
FOCUS Goals for week of April 30, 2013
New Goals, comments, and excuses are in purple below.
Goals for a Better Home
1. Personal Focus to better my relationship with God.
· Start and end each day with prayer. Read two chapters in the Bible.
· Run if I can. Still trying
· Read 1 chapter in Reasons to Believe.
2. Remove distractions at key times.
· No computer 6:30-8:00am and 3:00-5:00pm
· No volunteering tasks until my family tasks are underway each day. (I am failing miserably at this one.)
3. Add something to give more of me to my family.
· Take a minute when everyone gets home each night to see what is going on with them and what needs to get done.
· Better meals. (I mostly have commented on dinner, but we have been working on packing better lunches too!)
Goals for a Better House
1. Daily Check Points: Work harder on my Daily Check Points.
2. Weekly: Catch up on tasks and “to do list”.
Mon: Pick up t-shirt order for soccer teams. Pickup and record game scores from the weekend. Laundry!
Tues: Clean out chicken cage. Post Soccer League game scores. Laundry!
Weds: Catch up! Get paperwork gathered for weekend soccer tournament. Figure out options for practice tomorrow when it snows. Move Chickens! Laundry!
Thurs: Catch up! Help at soccer office with tournament prep. Laundry!
Fri: Catch up! Check in teams for soccer tournament and send email reminders of game times.
3. Monthly: Projects and deep cleaning on hold, cleaning when necessary right now.