Well it has been 3 weeks since I posted anything not even focus goals. You may be wondering what I have I been up to or if maybe I just gave up. I’d like to say I have been working so hard around the house that I haven’t had time to write. I have been busy, but it hasn’t been around the house. I seem to have the ability to make everything I do a part time job. Between volunteering for the soccer league, organizing our kid’s teams, church, school, and just transporting everyone where they need to be. I feel like I have been carrying 5 part time jobs at once. As a result I have 2weeks worth of laundry piled in my living room. Some of which has been refolded who knows how many times because the kids have dug through to find something to wear. The entire house is in disorder which only hinders my progress of getting things done even more. Not to mention the extra things like Science Fair projects and trying to hatch 21 chicken eggs (which if we were smart we would’ve have made that a project). If anyone has hatched chickens before I’d take advice. We have been turning 3 times a day, at least most days, watching the temperature and candling them to check how they are doing. We are quickly approaching 21 days of incubation and when I candled them last week they all looked like something was in there to us. I am too afraid to throw out the iffy ones for fear there is a living chick inside. Google searches have warned against keeping the bad ones because the egg with explode at the end. So we are either going to have more chicks than we know what to do with or a MESS! Maybe after we lost our chickens to the food chain this winter should have just purchased them again at the farm store? I am crossing my fingers for 21 chicks, though it will be an adventure either way.
Anyway back to the point.
How do I balance it all? I don’t have the answer to that question. All I know is something is going to have to give, because right now it is my kids and husband that are suffering. For dinner last night half my family had cereal. Not oatmeal or cheerios but chocolate lucky charms. So that is why I am forcing myself to sit down 2 days late this week and get focused because if I don’t I am going to fall of the tight rope or explode along with the chicken eggs.
Below are my focus goals in simple version, I am still working on the "to do list". I am going to have to let go of the big picture and concentrate on the small things to help me catch up.
WISH ME LUCK With LIFE AND THE CHICKENS!
|This is our breakfast nook with egg incubator|
|This is my dining room with laundry. No wonder we are not eating meals there is No where to eat!|
FOCUS Goals for week of April 15, 2013
New Goals, comments, and excuses are in purple below.
Goals for a Better Home
1. Personal Focus to better my relationship with God.
· Start and end each day with prayer. Read two chapters in the Bible.
· Run if I can.
2. Remove distractions at key times.
· No computer 6:30-8:00am and 3:00-5:00pm
· No volunteering tasks until my family tasks are underway each day.
3. Add something to give more of me to my family.
· Take a minute when everyone gets home each night to see what is going on with them and what needs to get done. The end of the year is SOOO busy!
· Feed my family better meals.
Goals for a Better House
1. Daily Check Points: Work harder on my Daily Check Points to avoid falling farther behind.
2. Weekly: Catch up on tasks and “to do list”.
3. Monthly: Cleaning and projects will have to wait until next week or maybe the week after.