Well the spring sports season is going full force. Each day evaluating the weather and asking the same questions. Are we going to be able to practice today? Should we practice indoors? The chaos has begun. The calendar I spoke of last week is covered in places to be. So I apologize for my late post for weekly focus, but it will likely happen again before the end of May.
New Goals, comments, and excuses are in purple below.
Goals for a Better Home
1. Personal Focus to better my relationship with God.
Daily: Start and end each day with prayer. Read two chapters in the Bible. Serenity Prayer
Weekly/Monthly: Read Part II Chapter 3 & 4 in “The Lamps Supper” and answer questions. We were able to meet this week. Again a lot of good conversation, I am still really enjoying and getting a lot out of the book. Run 4 days. Another bad week, better luck this week, I hope.
2. Remove distractions at key times.
Daily: No computer 6:30-8:00am and 3:00-5:00pm (after everyone is home)I will give myself a little leeway on the afternoon as email is how much of the sports updates on practice is done.
Weekly/Monthly: CUT BACK ON ELECTRONIC TIME! I still would like to keep this on here and this week with my family discuss some time limits. To be honest I think the electronics make us all crabby.
3. Add something to give more of me to my family.
Daily: Morning Blessing and Focused one on one conversation each evening for all. Family Lent study.
Weekly: Really work on my household order and meal planning. When we are busy if I am organized and help have things ready for the evening, we all have a lot more peace in our life.
Monthly: Take my husband on a date. We did go out with another couple, but I told him I’d still take him out just him and me, so I still owe him one.
Goals for a Better House
1. Daily Check Points: Weekly Plan Sheet. Still using the same one, my final check point is being completed more and more which in return makes the morning check point easier.
2. Weekly & Monthly Tasks, Chores and To Do Lists: Weekly Plan Sheet & Monthly Cleaning Schedule. After a month using the cleaning schedule, I have an idea now of where I still struggle and even some areas that don’t need as much attention. So I will make some adjustments and see how it goes. You’ll notice a lot of catching up on my “to do list”. I really want to get back on schedule everywhere. I was lucky last week with cancelled practices to have the evenings to catch up, but that luxury is going away and since in my “Better Home” goals I am working on providing more order for my family in this chaos, I catching up is big part of that.
3. Weekly/Monthly Project to Do List:
Monday: Weekly: Catch up! Prep Book Study, Pick up dance shoes Monthly: Chores
Tuesday: Weekly: Basement Foundation appointment, Catch up misc. laundry Monthly: Chores
Weds: Weekly: Order Soccer Uniforms, Hang hooks in laundry room Monthly: Catch up chores
Thurs: Weekly: Get things for dance competition; get player cards for soccer Monthly: None
Fri: Weekly: Kids pictures Monthly: Daily chores & catch up chores