Last week I was clobbered by my house pretty much every day! We have a lot going on outside the house with soccer getting ready to start, the book study beginning Monday, Valentine Day, parent teacher conferences, and the kids will be out of school for several days. Since I had soooo many “get by” last week I will rollover some of the goals to this week and try to catch up!
Yesterday we had dentist and ortho appointments along with meetings for my husband and I, and baseball practice, I drove over 100miles in one day so I am a little behind to start the week already. But I’ll catch up.
New Goals, comments, and excuses are in purple below.
Goals for a Better Home
1. Personal Focus to better my relationship with God.
Daily: Start and end each day with prayer. Read two chapters in the Bible. Pray the Serenity prayer every day this week.
Weekly/Weekly: Read Foreword through Chapter 2 in “The Lamps Supper” and answer questions. Run 5 days. Get ready for first session of book study on Feb 18.
2. Remove distractions at key times.
Daily: No computer 6:30-8:00am and 3:00-5:00pm (after everyone is home)
Weekly: Control volunteering but still get things done! Finding the right balance is hard!
Monthly: CUT BACK ON ELECTRONIC TIME!
3. Add something to give more of me to my family.
Daily: Give my family a proper send off and welcome home each day. Focused one on one time with each kid and my husband every day. This can be just a simple conversation. Read lent family study each evening starting Weds. (Ash Weds)
Weekly: Send a handwritten letter to someone that I do not see often.
Monthly: Take my husband on a date. Attend one Weds. Night Lent service with the family.
Goals for a Better House
1. Daily Check Points: Weekly Plan Sheet
2. Weekly & Monthly Tasks, Chores and To Do Lists: Weekly Plan Sheet & Monthly Cleaning Schedule Download With the help of my kids on Sat. we got more done than the week before. Sometime I’ll share what we did, because most of the kids actually enjoyed it! Reintroduce the chore schedule we used in the past for my kids, I am still working on this.
Weekly To Do List: School Valentine Party preparation. Email to parents on soccer practices. Help with soccer league: scheduling, building and business plan. Prepare for Book Study. Have fun with kids on their days off.
3. Monthly Projects:
2013 Household Purge: Yes the rooms are the same as last week; I think you know what that means!
Mon: No room Kids appointments and meetings
Tues: No room Valentine Parties and catch up
Weds: Girls’ Room/Boys’ Room
Friday: Filing Cabinet